The Freshman Transition Network
Working together to transition freshmen & transform schools from the bottom up!
Thanks for joining the Freshman Transition Network. This network - which is called a Ning - is intended for those interested in better transitioning freshmen into high school for the benefit of the freshmen and for the benefit of the entire school. If you believe that by transitioning freshmen you can transform a school from the bottom up, then this is the place for you. Here are a few ideas for making this network become the best it can be:
1. Make Friends: One of the great benefits of social networking is meeting folks from around the country and world. Be sure to invite members to be your "friends" by going to the member's page and clicking on "Add as Friend". This will allow you to see what others are doing and posting and will give you the opportunity to connect with others who might benefit you personally and professionally. Also be sure to let us know who you are by replying to the "Introductions" forum post.
2. Make Suggestions: I (Scott Habeeb) am serving as the network administrator. If you have ideas for making this a better site, please let me know.
3. Make it Grow: The more the merrier. Invite other educators from your school or that you know. When you go to conferences or workshops tell others about the site and encourage them to join. Use the Invite tab if you'd like.
4. Make it Your Own: Be sure to decorate your personal page and make it reflect who you are. You might want to change the colors to match your school colors. Perhaps you could add a school logo. Consider using the "Text" portion at the top as a way to say who you are, where you work, and what you do. Add links and information that will help other members get to know you, your school, and your efforts to transition freshmen. Share ideas and thoughts that will benefit one another. Just like with Facebook, you have great flexibility to make your "Ning" your own.
5. Make Contributions:Remember that the quality of a network depends on the contributions of its members. This network - or Ning - operates just like Facebook. You're welcome to look and see what others have posted or done, but it will work best if each member contributes ideas, thoughts, suggestions, resources, etc. It really only takes a few people speaking up and sharing to turn a forum like this into an amazing place. Here are some ways you can do this:
Enough one-way communication. Let the networking begin!
© 2023 Created by Scott Habeeb. Powered by