Working together to transition freshmen & transform schools from the bottom up!
Dr. Ronald G. Shapiro has not received any gifts yet
* Providence, RI
* Consultant in Human Factors, Ergonomics, Learning, Career Development and Human Resources
* Professional Speaker
* Ronald G. Shapiro, Ph.D.
* Google Profile: http://www.google.com/profiles/DrRonShapiro
* SlideShare: http://www.slideshare.net/DrRonShapiro
* BCPE: http://www.bcpe.org/certificants/cert.asp?i=1661
I am, by training, a psychologist with a specialization in designing products, solutions, and services so that they will be easy for people to use. I have extensive experience in learning, management, leadership development, career preparation, career development, and new employee orientation. Currently, I am an independent consultant and speaker/presenter in Human Factors, Ergonomics, User Experience, Learning, Leadership and Human Resources.
I'm Awesome, But I Have My Limitations Presentation for 9th Grade Students:
My presentation I'm Awesome, But I Have My Limitations is highly relevant to the mission of this group. I developed the presentation for Ninth Grade Students upon completing their first milestone in High School. It is highly educational, very interactive and lots of fun!!! It was recently presented to the entire ninth grade class at a Career & Technical High School in Rhode Island.
Additional Relevant Presentations:
Other presentations which I offer that are highly relevant to educators and students include:
* Activities To Facilitate Career Planning and Gaining Meaningful Employment (High School and College Editions)
* Career Options With A Psychology Degree (High School and College Editions)
* Effective Leadership Involves Working Through Others (High School, College, University and Professional Editions)
* Games To Explain Human Factors: Come, Participate, Learn & Have Fun!!! (Middle School, High School, College, University and Professional Editions)
* I'm Awesome, But I Have My Limitations (For milestone events such as a beginning or end of the school semester, graduation week, promotion, corporate or school orientation program)
* Preparing For Your Career With A Psychology Degree (College and University Editions)
* What Is It Like Working In Industry (Graduate School)
* What's My Job: An Effective Career Orientation Program For Middle School Students (Middle School).
Students will retain more from my TV Game Style presentations than from a traditional lecture and they will have more fun than at a typical party.
A new e-book "Promoting Psychological Science A Compendium of Laboratory Exercises For Teachers of High School Psychology" is now available online. Two of my activities are included. This e-book may be of help to your colleagues who teach psychology. Please share the link. Many thanks!!! Ron
If you are teaching a class involving assumptions or problem solving (in, perhaps, ninth grade math or science) and would like an activity which has worked quite well for me please check out my article When Do Assumptions Facilitate Problem Solving and When Do They Impede It? in Rhode Island Creative Magazine,…Continue
Since psychology is a very popular college major, I thought I'd post a link to Volume 2, Issue 1 (January, 2014) of the Psychology Student Network, a series of articles for undergraduate students thinking about a career with a psychology degree. The information may be helpful to some high school students beginning to think about possible careers.
Note: I wrote one of the articles,…Continue
While doing a Google search yesterday I located an article in the Jackson Sun (TN) describing how the faculty, staff and students at University School of Jackson organized a surprise parade to honor Danielle Boyd, a staff member departing for six months of military service.
I thought that the parade provided a unique combination of honoring a colleague, staff member and friend, educating students about military service and…Continue