Working together to transition freshmen & transform schools from the bottom up!
Dr. Ronald G. Shapiro has not received any gifts yet
* Providence, RI
* Consultant in Human Factors, Ergonomics, Learning, Career Development and Human Resources
* Professional Speaker
* Ronald G. Shapiro, Ph.D.
* Google Profile: http://www.google.com/profiles/DrRonShapiro
* SlideShare: http://www.slideshare.net/DrRonShapiro
* BCPE: http://www.bcpe.org/certificants/cert.asp?i=1661
I am, by training, a psychologist with a specialization in designing products, solutions, and services so that they will be easy for people to use. I have extensive experience in learning, management, leadership development, career preparation, career development, and new employee orientation. Currently, I am an independent consultant and speaker/presenter in Human Factors, Ergonomics, User Experience, Learning, Leadership and Human Resources.
I'm Awesome, But I Have My Limitations Presentation for 9th Grade Students:
My presentation I'm Awesome, But I Have My Limitations is highly relevant to the mission of this group. I developed the presentation for Ninth Grade Students upon completing their first milestone in High School. It is highly educational, very interactive and lots of fun!!! It was recently presented to the entire ninth grade class at a Career & Technical High School in Rhode Island.
Additional Relevant Presentations:
Other presentations which I offer that are highly relevant to educators and students include:
* Activities To Facilitate Career Planning and Gaining Meaningful Employment (High School and College Editions)
* Career Options With A Psychology Degree (High School and College Editions)
* Effective Leadership Involves Working Through Others (High School, College, University and Professional Editions)
* Games To Explain Human Factors: Come, Participate, Learn & Have Fun!!! (Middle School, High School, College, University and Professional Editions)
* I'm Awesome, But I Have My Limitations (For milestone events such as a beginning or end of the school semester, graduation week, promotion, corporate or school orientation program)
* Preparing For Your Career With A Psychology Degree (College and University Editions)
* What Is It Like Working In Industry (Graduate School)
* What's My Job: An Effective Career Orientation Program For Middle School Students (Middle School).
Students will retain more from my TV Game Style presentations than from a traditional lecture and they will have more fun than at a typical party.
I recently wrote an article titled Do Your Sons and Daughters Understand Your Work? Probably Not! which appears in the current edition of the Rhode Island Creative Magazine (RICM).
While the article is designed for the artist community, the concepts and the activities are relevant to parents, teachers and students transitioning to high school (as well as at other grade…Continue
I recently recorded a BlogTalkRadio program entitled Do You Have A Resume That ROARS (Is it Results Oriented And Relevant)?
The concepts are relevant to parents, teachers and students who have a need for a high quality resume.