The Freshman Transition Network

Working together to transition freshmen & transform schools from the bottom up!

Inspiring Students (17)

Featured Discussions

Electives for Freshman

Hello community, Does anyone offer a freshman seminar or some class-equivilent?  I have discussed this idea with our counseling staff and w…

Started by Darrell MedleyLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Make The Grade . School

Please check out this program on Thursday from 8:00 to 10:00 PM.  I am one of the sponsors.  Since the sponsors are paying for the progra…

Started by Dr. Ronald G. Shapiro

0 Sep 8, 2020

1st Meeting Agenda

I am in the process of organizing our 1st Freshman Academy Team Meeting. Any key suggestions of setting the agenda? I don't want to miss an…

Started by Kim Haynes

4 Aug 2, 2017
Reply by Kim Haynes

Alternate Name to "Move Up Day"

We are planning a "move up" day for our 8th grade class, but there is a concern that the name "move up" day is both a little old fashioned…

Started by Beth Kaputa

2 Apr 18, 2014
Reply by stephen owen kitchen

Reading skills across content areas at the freshmen level

The resource teachers have voiced concerns that the in-coming freshmen are struggling to comprehend text across all of their subject areas.…

Started by Laura Enos

1 Dec 30, 2013
Reply by Scott Habeeb

Electives for Freshman

Hello community, Does anyone offer a freshman seminar or some class-equivilent?  I have discussed this idea with our counseling staff and w…

Started by Darrell Medley

7 Dec 5, 2013
Reply by Tanya Spillane

Juvenile Justice Speciality Courts Impact on Student Achievement and Attendance

I am considering the following dissertation topic: Case study on Juvenile Justice Speciality Courts Impact on Freshman Achievement and Atte…

Started by Sandra Cantwell

0 Nov 13, 2013

Survey for Freshman

Hello everyone, We are in the process of evaluating our freshman program to see what changes we need to make for next school year.  I was…

Started by Darrell Medley

7 May 6, 2013
Reply by Kaitlin Nelson

Preparing Now for Freshmen Later

What suggestions does the group have for making the connection between current eighth graders and the school/teachers they will have in the…

Started by Deanie Dunbar

17 Nov 1, 2012
Reply by Scott Habeeb

A Word to Teachers

Great blog from Des Moines Register   Thought you would like to read something like this.  

Started by Gary Birdwell

0 Apr 12, 2011

Letters to local Businesses

We are planning on implementing our transition program this year. We would like to recognize student achievements with rewards. Do any of y…

Started by Julian Underwood

5 Dec 27, 2009
Reply by Dr. Ronald G. Shapiro

RSS

Follow @scotthabeeb on Twitter

© 2024   Created by Scott Habeeb.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service